Immigrants residing in Australia miss their families a lot. It is one of the most painful faces for married ones living apart in different countries. But you can end your long separation time if you have received your permanent residence or become an Australian citizen. The Australian Home Affairs Department brings many benefits to the people living there for a long time and abiding by the country’s culture, rules, regulations, and other responsibilities. So get happy and start preparing to welcome your loved one. Wait! Before creating your dreamland of living together with your spouse, you will have to do a lot of homework. Yes, it’s true. Bringing your spouse to Australia is way too difficult than said. This article will provide you with a simple guide to tackle with minute and critical pursuits of VISA applications. Let’s start to learn about Partner VISA in Australia.
Two Classes of Partner VISA in Australia – Inside/ Outside Australia
Partner VISA in Australia has two main classes which are further divided into two subclasses. One partner visa class is for applicants staying in Australia, and the other provides opportunities to applicants living outside of Australia. Today we will cover the second category in which spouses residing in their home country will apply to join their partner in Australia who already have PR status or have become Australian citizens. The name of Partner VISA that belongs to this class is Subclass 309 and 100. Let’s start exploring both subclasses.
Partner VISA – Subclass 309 And 100
Primary Requirements – The two most basic requirements to get eligible to apply under this category are:
- You must be in a genuine relationship with your partner
- You must be a permanent resident or citizen of Australia
Applying for your partner visa Australia- 309 is the first step to approaching your permanent residency in Australia. It is also called a provisional VISA that is for a temporary time. With this VISA you can
- Live, study, and work in Australia while your application for subclass 100 is under process.
- Travel as many times as you want outside the country.
- Also, attend free-of-cost English classes provided by a specific program. You can get more information about this program from expert Australia VISA consultants.
- Apply to access medical facilities from the public health sector.
Eligibility norms –
- You must not have refused VISA history in the past.
- Make sure you are outside Australia when submitting the VISA application.
- You must have a sponsor. In this case, you will be supported by your partner.
- You must be 18 or above 18 at the time of application submission.
- You must meet relationship criteria that say your spouse must be having PR or citizenship in Australia.
- You must be in good health condition to meet Australian health requirements.
- You must be of good character which is mandatory to get eligible to apply for this visa.
- You must have no debt due to the Government of your home country or the Australian government.
Application procedure – Apply online
Applicants can apply only online to submit their 309 VISA application. Need to do the following steps to complete the online process:
- Create your “ImmiAccount” at the Australian official website and get logged in.
- There is an option to select a new application.
- Under the new application pick family stream.
- Once you select the family category you will have the option for Stage 1 – Partner or Prospective Marriage Visa. Choose it.
- Complete other columns of applications as mentioned in the form.
- Submit application fees online through your card.
- Submit your application once you make the payment.
- After submission transaction reference number (TRN) will be generated that you need to send to your sponsor(spouse). The sponsoring spouse will use TRN to apply for sponsorship.
- Attach supporting documents as asked by the immigration officials online.
Processing Time –
Once you submit your application and your spouse sponsors you for VISA, you are asked for a health examination and biometrics as per the immigration guidelines. So be prepared for it. The overall taken-time is around 6-7 months. Be calm if you get more delays in your visa application because it’s normal.
It is a permanent VISA category that allows immigrants to
- Stay, live, and study for your lifetime.
- Invite their family members through sponsorship
- get eligible for Australian citizenship
To apply under this category, you must have
- Partner VISA subclass 309
- Continuous relationship with your spouse
- No pending due to pay to governments
How to apply – Go online
Once you get your provisional VISA (309) you can apply for your combined application for temporary and permanent partner visas. The immigration authority starts processing the application when you complete your two years in Australia. Keep in mind that you attach all the documents one month prior to the completion of 2 years. Follow the steps we instruct you below.
- Get Logged in your “ImmiAccount”
- Choose “New application”
- Pick the “Family” Category
- Then select “Stage 2 – Permanent Partner Visa Assessment”
- Finish your application and submit it.
- Upload documents as requested by the officials.
Processing time –
12-14 Months of processing is taken by the immigration authority to review and approve your application. You also get updates related to your recent application status. So timely check your account on the official website.
Need VISA Help – Couples who need the best VISA assistance to lodge their file must consult professionals at Western Overseas. Approach them today.