SAP is constantly looking for methods to simplify company operations. This fourth-generation business suite is an integrated advanced in-memory product platform that combines current designs with a complete user experience. Moreover, SAP S4 HANA provides a simplified platform (customer adoption, data model, model experience, user experience, decision making, business processes) and innovations (internet of things, big data, business networks) to help the organization run more efficiently in an ever-changing digital world. To know more about the program, you can either refer to this article or enroll in the SAP S4 HANA Online Training. However, such training will be more beneficial to opt as it will make you aware of all the advanced concepts related to this solution.
SAP S4 HANA: Meaning
SAP S/4 HANA is an acronym for SAP Business Suite 4 SAP HANA, an ERP software suite. S/4HANA is the successor to the product SAP ECC, a next-generation intelligent ERP system. While previous SAP ERP solutions support the most common databases, SAP S/4 HANA uses SAP’s in-memory database, SAP HANA. Here, “S” stands for “simple,” while “4” refers to the generation sequence.
Moreover, SAP S/4 HANA is the first SAP Business Suite built entirely on the SAP HANA (High-Speed Analytical Appliance) database platform. It allows enterprises to deliver mission; critical applications using a simplified architecture that includes a single database, operating system, and user interface. It also connects and manages company operations in real-time, including human resources, finance, procurement, sales, manufacturing, and service.
Features of SAP S4 HANA
Using a simpler data model, lean architecture, and a new user experience built on the tile-based SAP Fiori UX, SAP S/4 HANA helps to make ERP better, quicker, and easier to use. However, AI, machine learning, advanced analytics, and IoT are the advanced technologies integrated into S/4HANA. Moreover, it provides high-volume real-time analytical processes (OLAP) and high-volume transaction processing (OLTP) based on a unified data model, eliminating the unnecessary data layers that traditional RDBMS-based systems require. As a result, list down below are the essential features of SAP S/4HANA:
- Reduced entire data footprint
- Increased throughput
- Improved analytics and reporting
- ERP, CRM, SRM, SCM, and PLM are all used in tandem.
- Limitless workload capacity.
- Multi-tenancy in SAP HANA
- Availability of SAP Fiori UX for every device (mobile, desktop, tablet)
- Three deployment options available; on-premise, public cloud, and managed cloud.
SAP S4 HANA Benefits
For today’s increasingly flexible business models, SAP S/4HANA can deliver speed, simplicity, flexibility, quicker analytics, reduced costs, and the power of HANA’s in-memory database. As a result, the following are the business benefits of SAP S/4HANA:
- It is only available on SAP HANA. However, with superior table structures, the streamlined in-memory database allows exponentially quicker processing and simpler transactions. It helps to boost performance and your company to plan, execute, and provide real-time data reporting and analytics.
- Also, SAP Fiori drives up the SAP S4 HANA’s end-user interface. The user-friendly presentation of real-time business insights and analytics on any mobile device becomes a competitive advantage at any time and from any location.
- SAP S/4HANA offers a streamlined architecture with a digital core that comprises many applications such as IBP, BI, etc. It delivers unprecedented ease to the management and administration of the whole IT environment, along with the cloud adoption potential.
- SAP S4 HANA integrates key functions such as Global Available-to-Promise and master data governance. From an infrastructure standpoint, the fewer boxes to maintain, the cheaper the ownership and maintenance expenses. However, moving from the old physical infrastructure to a more cloud-native environment powered by S/4HANA can result in up to a 17% decrease in IT expenditures.
- Artificial intelligence and machine learning technologies embedded in S/4HANA continue to evolve slowly but gradually to improve modeling, predictive outcomes, and forecasting.
- An open platform (SAP HANA Cloud Platform) makes it simple to drive innovative applications, such as forecasting, suggesting, and modeling while safeguarding existing investments.
Hopefully, you may find this article informative. We have compiled an overview of SAP S4 HANA, comprising its features and benefits. By looking at them, if you want to have a career in this domain, we suggest you enroll in the SAP S4 HANA Course, which will make you aware of its advanced concepts and help you stand out from the crowd.